Skin, is one of the most vulnerable organs of the human body. Since it is exposed to the outer agents of nature, the chances of getting affected are very high. Porous nature of the skin makes it susceptible to acne. Pollution causes havoc on skin. It is primarily responsible for causing acne. Acne is one of the of-repeated occurrences, tending to affect skin's look and lustre. The oil or sebum that is produced by the follicles of the skin gets trapped on the surface of the skin. This causes bacteria to grow in those places, causing a variety of skin acnes.
Types of Acnes
Acnes are of two types – Inflammatory and Non-inflammatory.
• Inflammatory acnes take place with the rapture of blackhead or whitehead acnes. Release of internal fluid leads to inflammation. This type of acnes takes a longer period of time to be healed. It is advisable not to injure the whiteheads and blackheads, and prevent their rapture. That's because rapture leads to inflammation. Some of the inflammatory acnes that occur are – papule, pustule, cyst and nodule. The severity of the inflammatory acnes depends on the type and amount of fluid that is inside acne.
• Non-inflammatory acnes are relatively less severe than the former variety. These get healed after some time. Whiteheads and blackheads are the two types of non-inflammatory acnes. It is these which turn into inflammatory ones on being ruptured or injured, as already mentioned before.
Causes of Acnes
There are several probable causes of acnes.
• Hormonal issues and misbalances are primarily responsible for causing acne. The acne is usually found in adolescents, as the hormone secretion increases during this age. Increase in acne is associated with an increase in the level of male hormone androgen.
• Stress is another very important cause.
• Dietary reasons including consumption of oily stuffs are also liable for causing acne
• Inflammation in any part of the body as a physiological response also leads to acnes in a large number of cases.
Treatment of Acnes
There are various types of treatments that can be prescribed to patients suffering from acne.
• Accutane is an effective drug for the treatment of acne. However there are some serious side-effects which make it a dangerous option.
• Women can take hormonal therapy in the form of oral contraceptives and get relief from acne.
• Benzoyl Peroxide is another popular option which has limited effectiveness in treating acne.
Acne is a very common skin problem and must not be taken lightly. With proper treatment and balanced diet regimen it can be cured.